*The following policies reflect our updated procedures in order to maintain a safe environment sensitive to the ongoing COVID-19 situation*
- If you have, or have been exposed to, the COVID-19 virus, please do not come to the lab.
- All lab users are required to wear a face covering at all times.
- Please maintain proper social distancing.
- Please use the designated computer and workspace assigned to the machine you are using.
- When using communal hand tools, please leave the tool in your designated workspace during and after your work session to allow for proper sanitation by Fab Lab staff.
- Reservations are required to come to the lab.
- All reservations must be made at least 1 day in advanced.
These updated policies are in addition to the following existing Fab Lab Baltimore policies.
- All prospective lab users must take the Intro to Fab Lab course. To register, please refer to the COURSES page.
- To use our CNC router, you must take the CNC Router Applications course in addition to Intro to Fab Lab. To register, please refer to the COURSES page.
- Users must obey all safety rules and directives of the Fab Lab staff (see Lab safety rules)
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. (For more information see Minors in the Fab Lab)
- All users must scan into our Check-in computer when they arrive at the Lab using a ONECARD or 900 number. If you need assistance, please let a staff member know.
- Reservations are required to come in to the lab. To make a reservation, please refer to the RESERVATIONS page.
- Users must comply to the Fab Lab's rules on production in the space (see Rules on making in the Fab Lab)
- Material storage is prohibited.
- If you are a faculty or staff member of CCBC, please see these Rules on Faculty and Staff usage.
Fab Lab Baltimore uses a punch-pass system. Each user will pay by the day they use the Lab with multi-day packages available.
$10/day full lab
$40/ 5 days full lab
$75/ 15 days full lab
$5/day computer use
$15/ 5 computer days
$25/ 10 computer days
"Computer use" days are designated by the reservation type. If you reserve to use the computer, that is a "computer use" day. If you reserve a machine for the day, you are able to use a designated computer to adjust files. We recommend using computer days when you are learning the software available in the lab or solely working on files in the lab with no machine use.